August 4, 2006

Catfish Belly Adobo And Mungbean Soup

Labels: , ,


I love catfish adobo and when I see just bellies I always get them. To prepare marinate the bellies for an hour in vinegar, garlic, salt, extra virgin olive oil and kikkoman soy sauce, drain and fry in hot olive oil until brown. Then boil the marinade until thick, and pour over the fried bellies, yum, yum, yum. BoiI the mungbeans with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 2 smashed garlic cloves and 1 chopped onion, add 1 teaspoon sea salt when fully cooked, then add malunggay leaves (horseradish tree) which I get frozen from the Filipino grocery. I drizzle more extra virgin olive oil before serving using only Spanish or Portuguese olive oil as they are more robust than Italian or French.



I also made a Chinese vegetarian stir fry using canned vegetable mix and flavored gluten for non fish eaters.

3 comments:

Oggi said...

basenji
how about this one? I can't decide, maybe I'll use the green one again.
About the bellies, the package says nuggets but I know they are bellies, not sure if the grocery people package them, most probably they do because I have not seen them anywhere else.
Good news, I froze a small portion of leftover spaghetti squash, tried it after 4 days and they still are a bit crunchy, not at all mushy.

Anonymous said...

where can i get those catfish belly here in n. va.?

Oggi said...

A, I got the bellies from Shopper's Food Warehouse. This was almost 4 years ago and I'm not sure if they still sell them.

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com