July 27, 2011

The Daring Bakers: Le Fraisier

Labels: , ,

Le Fraisier
le Fraisier: 2 thin layers of genoise, a layer of strawberries, 
a layer of pastry cream, 
topped with almond paste decorated with circles of strawberry coulis 


Jana of Cherry Tea Cakes was our July Daring Bakers’ host and she challenged us to make Fresh Fraisiers inspired by recipes written by Elisabeth M. Prueitt and Chad Robertson in the beautiful cookbook Tartine.


You can download the recipe from here.

I love the cake a lot; the pastry cream is rich but seems so light and everything goes well together with the wonderful fresh strawberries, of course. Thanks Jana for a delectable and extremely gratifying challenge.

The inspiration for the design is as usual from my favorite baking book ADVANCED BREAD AND PASTRY by Michel Suas.

14 comments:

Nish said...

Gorgeous! great job! :)

Rosemary & Garlic said...

Oggi, It is art.

Bourbonnatrix said...

your cake is striking! great job!

shelley c. said...

I love your fraisier - it is beautiful! Looks delicious and the colors are so striking! Wonderful job.

Irina said...

Your fraisier looks wonderful! And the colours....Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your presentation!Very well done indeed.
Best, Sandie

Suz said...

Wow, that looks beautiful. I love the almond paste/coulis topping.

Ruth H. said...

What a beautiful fraisier you created! I love the colors, and your cake looks so grand! Great work.

Zodelicious said...

I think this is my favorite this month. I love your topping, its gorgeous.

wok with ray said...

That is a beautiful cake Oggi! Love the color and the way strawberries lined up at the bottom. Good job!

Mary said...

It is so beautiful with the cut out circles. i must remember this design!

chef_d said...

I love the design you made! Beautiful cake, great job Oggi!

Cookie Kelly said...

Your cake is almost kind of retro-y. Love the color of the almond paste, goes well with the strawberries.

Unknown said...

You amaze me. I am just awed in your skill.

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com