2 pieces beef round, about ½ inch thick, butterflied
2 tablespoons calamansi or lemon juice
¼ cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon sea salt
Vienna sausages sliced lengthwise in four
Cheddar cheese strips
boiled eggs, sliced in strips
sweet whole pickles preferably very small (cornichons), otherwise cut into strips
2 16-ounce cans diced tomatoes
1 large onion, chopped
2 bay leaves
water to cover meat rolls
soy sauce, salt, pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients and marinate beef overnight in fridge. Drain meat, reserving the marinade. Lay on a large platter, place one set of filling on one long end, roll up, place another set of filling up to just halfway of the meat, roll up completely. Tie with kitchen twine all over, crosswise and lengthwise.
- Place in a large pan, add the reserved marinade and all the sauce ingredients, simmer in medium low heat for 2 hours.
- Fish out the rolls and let rest.
- Remove the bay leaves, adjust seasoning, then puree with an immersion blender or let cool a bit and transfer to a blender, blend in batches. Spoon sauce on a serving platter.
- Remove twine, slice morcon, arrange on top of sauce. Serve hot with lots of sauce.
1 pound cooked elbow macaroni
1½ cups mayonnaise
1 16-ounce can pineapple chunks, cut into four
1 fresh red bell pepper, diced
3 Nathan's all beef hot dogs, sliced thin
salt and sugar to taste
- Mix all ingredients and chill overnight before serving.