March 29, 2012

Ube, Buco-Pandan, and Ensaimada Yeast Waffles

Labels: , , , , ,





topping: lots of butter plus 
maple syrup for ube
 coconut sauce for buco-pandan, 
sugar and cheese powder for ensaimada

I love buttermilk yeast waffles. They're easy to prepare; just mix and leave in the refrigerator overnight, the next day bake the batter in a Belgian-style waffle maker. This time I divided the batter into three and added the usual Filipino flavors: ube and buco-pandan, and a new one "ensaimada" (a mixture of butter, sugar, and cheese powder). All flavors are sooo delicious with loads of butter and maple syrup or top the buco-pandan with thin coconut sauce and the "ensaimada" with finely grated cheese and sugar.

I used artificial flavored ube powder (my sister bought it from Divisoria) instead of real ube and I was surprised the waffles taste great. The powder would be a great addition to real ube for cakes and breads. For my next batch I'll have matcha, mashed bananas, and mango pulp. 

7 comments:

Iska said...

Wow! They look amazing! I bet they taste great as well :-)

Unknown said...

your waffles look fabulous! thinking about the toppings made me drool.:p

i♥pinkc00kies said...

wow!! im drooling now :D

agent112778 said...

i love this to start my day

here's my share for the weekend

Maan said...

Wow! This is heavy.

Visiting for FF.

maiylah said...

oh wow...looks real GOOD! gusto ko i-pin sa Pinterest! :)

thank you so much for sharing over at Food Friday, Ms. Oggi

Juliana said...

Oggi, cool all the variety of the waffles...can I place an order?
Hope you are having a fabulous week :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com