July 24, 2009

The Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge 11: Cranberry-Walnut Celebration Bread

Labels: ,

Cranberry-Walnut Celebration Bread

The Bread Bakers' Apprentice Challenge recipe 11: Cranberry-Walnut Celebration Bread. One bite of this bread and I thought to myself: Didn't I make this already? Oh yeah, Artos and Challah. I am convinced CranWaltCeleBread is the result of the marriage of these two.^__^

Although I love this cranberry and walnut overload bread specially when toasted and buttered, I am having a little bit of "celebration" fatigue and eager to move on to the salty crusty breads. I froze one half of the loaf so I can make the next recipe, English Muffins and then on to Focaccia, yay!

Cranberry-Walnut Celebration Bread

Rating:
flavor 4
texture 4
visual appeal 3
ease of preparation 4
performance 4
worth 4
Total: 23
Average: 3.8

5 comments:

Susie said...

Awesome photos. Great braid. :) You will love the crusty breads but it was fun doing the others too.
Susie

Cindy said...

I think you are right about the marriage thing. this bread was defiantely a cross between challah and artos!! Your loaf is quite beautiful.

Oggi said...

Susie, I can't wait to bake them.:)

Cindy, thanks. We can call it Chatos or Arllah, heheh.

misterrios said...

I think you should have given yourself a 5 on visual appeal because your braid is awesome.

Oggi said...

MisterRios, thanks.:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com