June 11, 2018

Peach Lemonade

Labels:


I keep reading about Chick-Fil-A's newly added drink to their menu, Peach Lemonade. It sounds peachy! I have to try it one of these days.

Preparing the drink at home is easy, though. I'm baffled that most of the recipes on the web cook the peaches with water and sugar before pureeing and straining. I prefer the fruit fresh and uncooked. I pureed  the peaches with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and water before adding the rest of the lemon juice and sugar. I like my lemonade really tart so you can reduce the amount of lemon juice if preferred.

I love it with sweet buttery crackers from the Philippines. Sweet, tart, sweet!


Peach Lemonade
2 ripe peaches, peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2½ cups water
½ cup fresh lemon juice
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
½ cup sugar, more or less to taste
  • Puree peaches in a blender with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and water. 
  • Place a fine plastic sieve over a large measuring bowl; pour pureed peach mixture; discard pulp. 
  • Add the rest of ingredients and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Taste and adjust sweetness. 
  • Transfer into a bottle or jar and chill in refrigerator.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com