November 29, 2012

Butter Babycakes

Labels: , , ,


The recipe for these cakes had been in draft for many months already but I couldn't find the time to bake them. These are supposed to be Filipino style butter cake made with Danish butter. The photo of the individual mamon-like cake that inspired me to look for a recipe was on one of my facebook friends' weekend breakfast table.

I can't remember if I have seen or eaten these cakes back in the Philippines. Maybe I have but they probably weren't called butter cakes when I lived there a few hundred years or so ago. These ones I baked are similar to but much lighter than pound cakes. They are good, although I'd like them to be more buttery and I will increase the butter to ¾ or a full cup next time I bake these again. And I'll add cheese powder too just like the one my friend posted on fb.

Butter Babycakes
2 ½ cups cake flour, sifted
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons whole milk powder

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
6½ ounces milk
soft butter for greasing molds, optional
  • Preheat oven to 325° F. Line individual molds with baking paper or generously brush  with soft butter.
  • In a small bowl, sift flour and baking powder together. 
  • Cream butter, sugar, salt, and milk powder until creamy and fluffy; beat in vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk alternately with the flour and blend till well combined. 
  • Pour batter into prepared molds and bake for 30 minutes or until cake test done. Leave on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from molds and let cool completely.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Oggi - this looks sooooooooooo inviting
Definitely my kind of sweet dessert.
I'm pinning it

maiylah said...

looks delicious! - and am sure it was! would love to try this someday -> bookmarked!

thanks so much for sharing and linking over at Food Friday, Ms. Oggi

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com