October 28, 2011

Date Sesame Seed Bars

Labels: , , ,

nice with a cup of hot jasmine tea


This is the easiest no bake dessert to make. They are good to snack on with a cup of hot tea or to eat as candy/dessert.


I was cleaning out the pantry and discovered a bar of date paste which was meant for Food for the Gods and several bags of sesame seeds. I wasn't in the mood for butter rich cakes and decided to go "healthy" and mixed the date paste with the sesame seeds. The bars were done in no time at all and they're so yummy too. 

Date Sesame Seed Bars
1 pound finely chopped dates (or paste)
1 to 2 tablespoons honey
1 cup sesame seeds
  • In a medium bowl mix dates and honey with hands or a wooden spoon. Knead in sesame seeds. Flatten on a piece of parchment into a half inch-thick square. Cut into 1 inch bars.  

4 comments:

France@beyondthepeel said...

I happen to have someone in the family who would LOVE these. I personally like how simple they are.

Mika said...

I haven't tasted dates but my mom love them, so I'm pretty sure she will like your Date Sesame Seed Bars :)

Winnie said...

I love dates!
This is an easy and wonderful recipe
Thanks1

Annapet said...

Oggi, I am with Mika: have not tasted dates! Looks like I finally have a new item in my Costco cart, LOL.

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com