August 1, 2007

Filled Chocolate Candies

Labels: , , , ,

Filled Dark Chocolate Candies

The other day I was looking for a plastic container in the upper shelves of the kitchen cabinet and found my candy molds. I haven't used these molds in maybe 2 or 3 years, they have yellowed a bit. I bought them 8 years ago when I was into candy making. One Christmas I made the Santa Claus, Christmas tree and ribboned gift molds, each one painted the appropriate color. They are tedious to make and it only takes a second to eat them. ;-)

So, I put the non-holiday molds to use and the one that is very yellow and brittle cracked after unmolding, I had to throw it away, time to buy new molds. Anyway, I filled them with soft very tart lemon fondant, candied figs, pb & j, and plain crunchy peanut butter. I used extra dark chocolate and they are super delicious! My favorite is the pb & j. You can learn how to temper chocolates here. It's not really that complicated, give it a few tries until you perfect it. You can experiment with milk chocolate first (which I prefer with the candied figs), then with really dark chocolate. Next time I will fill them with other unusual flavors like cayenne pepper, burnt sugar, cacao nibs, ground espresso coffee, and hard sponge candy (Crunchies in Australia).

crunchy peanut butter filling

Dark Chocolate With Peanut Butter & Jelly Filling
peanut butter & grape jelly filling

Dark Chocolate With Super Lemon Filling
soft super lemon fondant filling

Dark Chocolate With Candied Fig Filling
candied fig filling

I think after eating non-stop all the yummy ice cream and now chocolate candies, it's time to hit the treadmill because my skirts are getting just a little bit too tight.:D


Gitta said...

I think my favorite are the chocolate-covered figs, too.

Dark chocolate with cracked pepper is also good! Ooh and candied ginger too! Mmmm!

Callipygia said...

I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I've been enjoying your I also tend to thnk that I can do it all too! The candies do look delish.

oggi said...

gitta, candied ginger, yes I'll put that on the list.

callipygia, I'm glad you're enjoying them. Sometimes I think I try too hard to do stuff.;D

christine said...

Ohh my gosh, those are gems! How do you do it, Oggi. I wanna make beautiful things like you! :)

Post a Comment

Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha -