I love French-fried potatoes; frying not so much. Toaster oven to the rescue: oven fries with cheese, crispy bacon, and pickled jalapeño. Sooo yummy!
for 1 person
2 rashers bacon, chopped and fried until crispy
1 large russet potato, skin on
1½ teaspoons bacon grease
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne, optional
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon chopped scallion
sliced pickled jalapeño
- Scrub potatoes and cut into uniform size fingers.
- Place in a shallow plate. Gently add in bacon grease, garlic, onion, smoked paprika, and cayenne making sure the potatoes are evenly seasoned. Transfer into a cast iron skillet.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; turn on broiler.
- Sprinkle cheese all over fries, then sprinkle crispy bacon, scallion, and pickled jalapeño. Broil for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve while hot.