white peach puree and ginger beer drink
This is my non-alcoholic version of Bellini, a refreshing drink made with white peach juice and Prosecco. I pureed the fruit with a little sugar and added crushed ice, seltzer water, and ginger beer. I also mixed some of the puree with just seltzer water for a stronger peach flavor but I like the one with ginger beer more. You may substitute frozen puree or bottled juice for the fresh fruit puree.
White Peach and Ginger Beer
- 2 ripe white peaches, well chilled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup seltzer or sparkling water, well chilled
- 1 cup ginger beer, well chilled
- Peel peaches, remove stones and discard; dice peaches and puree with the sugar.
- Divide puree between 2 tall glasses. Stir in ½ cup ice into puree. Pour ½ cup each seltzer water and ginger beer. Stir gently with a metal stirrer.
- Serve immediately.
also good with just seltzer water