June 9, 2011

Ensaimada Loaf

Labels: , , ,




Food Friday


After shaping 2 large ensaimadas filled with ube jam, I realized I had to attend to a lot of stuff around the house, make tons of phone calls, and do errands. To save time I formed the rest of the dough into eight 2½-ounce rounds and placed them in a 9 x 4 x 4-inch loaf pan a la Brioche Nanterre. The baked ensaimada loaf is just as pillowy soft as regular ensaimada. I made the slices extra thick; so good with lots of butter, sugar, and grated cheese, and of course ube jam.

The recipe for ensaimada is here.

*It's nice to be back cooking, baking, and blogging after a brief break*;-)

9 comments:

maiylah said...

that looks sooo good! i wish you were nearby so that i can order lots from you! :)

ps. condolence again, Ms. Oggi....

anney said...

The ensaimada loaf looks very soft and yummy!

Jay-agent112778 said...

thats a brilliant idea..lets add some salted egg slices or ham pls


heres my Food Friday Entry

Unknown said...

love your ensaimada loaf, but i'll skip the ube jam.:p

Food Friday

Cheerful said...

that looks really great...soft and delicious! have a great weekend! :)

Oggi said...

Maiylah, thank you and God bless.:)

Anney, thanks.:)

Jay, I never thought of salted eggs and ensaimada, I better try it ASAP!:)

Luna, oh, you are not a fan of ube.:)

Cheerful, thank you.:)

Joy said...

This is a genius idea. I just recently discovered ensaimada crackers and I thought that was cool.

Oggi said...

Joy, thanks. Crackers?? I'll have to look for that one; sounds intriguing.:)

Anonymous said...

hi can i ask if the ensaimada loaf is also 350F the oven temp. hoping this will come out well, i tried lots of recipes of loaf bread that didn't came out well as i followed the direction, i love ensaimada and wish to make this tomorrow morning :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com