April 30, 2010

Guyabano Lassi

Labels: , , ,



I never knew guyabano and yogurt are meant to be together. Their flavors complement each other that they almost taste the same. I got a few cans of guyabano drink and combined 2 cans with 3 cups of thick Greek-style yogurt and half a cup of sugar. I put the mixture in ice pop molds and reserved a cup of the mixture to which I added half a cup of ice and put the mixture in the blender. Guyabano lassi, so good. The fruit pulp, if I can find it, I'm sure will taste even better.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live here in Los Angeles and I have seen frozen chunky cut sour sop (guyabano) in plastic bag coming from Thailand at the Asian market I go to. Perhaps it will be better than the canned one you used here.

Oggi said...

A, thanks. I'll look for it at the Asian store.:)

Sidney said...

Difficult to imagine the taste ...but I believe you when you say its so good! :-)

Oggi said...

Sidney, thanks for believing me.:D

Mirage said...

I love guyabano with milk (we live where guyabanos are just an arm's reach) but I never tried it with yoghurt...but I bet they go well...sigh naglalaway tuloy ako dito lol.

Oggi said...

G, it's really yummy with yogurt. I love the sweet sour that makes me pucker a little bit.:)

Anonymous said...

I never really appreciated the taste of Guyabano, but I like Atis (Star Apples) better, which is relatively the same as Guyabano. In any case, it looks great :D

Oggi said...

Brian, me too. Guyabano is not one of the Filipino fruits I crave. I think the last time I had the sour fruit was when I was a small child. I prefer atis which is sweet and delicious. But guyabano's acidity and flavor somehow are perfect with yogurt.

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com