February 1, 2009

Lasang Pinoy Sundays: Steamed

Labels: , , , , ,





One of my dad's and now my own family's favorite dishes is steamed fish seasoned with fermented black beans (salted soy beans called tausi), sliced ginger, scallions, sesame seed oil, and salty Chinese ham. This is one Chinese dish we never get tired of and always regard as something special. I love tausi whole when adding to dishes to savor its salty goodness.

Lasang Pinoy, Sunday Edition is a weekly photography meme hosted by SpiCes. Enjoy other "steamy" entries here.

5 comments:

 gmirage said...

I have been coming back and forth wanting to comment about the siopao from the previous entry (steamed too!)...finally got the chance to sitdown here at home but now to enjoy your steamed fish!

parang simple lang coz thats how you make cooking appear to be hehe, sgurado kung ako palpak lang lol.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks delicious and now you've got me craving filipino food...

Anonymous said...

my family loves steamed fish, too. we simply season the fish with salt, pepper and a bit of lemon juice. :)my personal favorite dipping sauce for steamed fish is mayonaisse. hubby's is soy sauce and lemon/calamansi. :)

Anonymous said...

something that i miss too! tausi in fish...i can almost taste it!:)

Anonymous said...

ahhhh sarap! I also posted steamed fish for this LaPis theme!

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com