March 19, 2007

Chinese Style Boiled Chicken

Labels: , ,


I have written earlier that I regularly prepare Chinese style dishes, at least the ones I ate growing up and continue to eat as an adult, usually in restaurants, not at home. One dish I will never get tired of is boiled chicken with a dipping sauce of finely chopped fresh ginger, scallions, sea salt and sesame seed oil.

Chinese Style Boiled Chicken
1 whole chicken
4 bunches green onions
1 large piece fresh ginger
sea salt
roasted sesame seed oil
  • Put chicken in a large pot, add 2 bunches washed and halved green onions, 2 tablespoons sliced ginger, and 1 tablespoon sea salt salt. Add water to cover, let boil rapidly, turn heat to medium, boil for 1 hour, turning once.
  • Prepare the dipping sauce: Finely grate ginger to measure 3 tablespoons, thinly slice green onions. Mix together with 2 teaspoons sea salt and 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil.

I did not prepare dessert because there won't be any space in the fridge for leftovers. I just served orange smiles (sliced oranges).



And....

I'm sure most Filipinos have eaten haw flakes. I used to buy the really big ones and sometimes they also came in squares. The only size available here in the US is the tiny quarter dollar size. They are also now being sold in fruit roll up form, they are soft and leathery and a little bit tart.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com