May 27, 2014

Overnight Oats

Labels: , ,

Overnight Oats

Recipes for overnight oats have been around the food blogging community for I don't know how long but I keep forgetting to make. I'm not an oats person and I eat it once in a blue moon. I keep a supply of rolled oats for cookies and breads and for when I suddenly want it for breakfast. The idea of uncooked oats didn't appeal to me right away but then I thought why not try a small serving using my homemade kefir milk. I make kefir milk with pasteurized non-homogenized whole milk but if I have access to raw milk, I'd prefer that. I love love love kefir milk and its slightly acidic sweet flavor makes it the perfect liquid for me to soak the oats in. The overnight oats is surprisingly good and I think healthy too. Try the basic recipe and if you like it, you can experiment with other flavorings that suit your taste. I prefer it with just fresh fruits specially mangoes and strawberries.

Overnight Oats
½ cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup plain kefir milk
mango balls or other fresh fruits of your choice
  • Mix oats, raw sugar, and chia seeds. Add kefir milk and stir until well combined. Stir in mango balls. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. 
Overnight Oats

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com