Baked Pork and Black Beans
- 2 cups dried black beans
- 1 cup salt pork, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 cups water
- Boil dried beans in 3 cups water in a Dutch oven. Lower heat, cover, and let simmer for 2 hours.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, cover, and bake in a 275 degree F oven for 6 hours or until beans are very tender. During baking, check if additional water is needed. Serve hot with toast or crusty bread.