October 13, 2011

Chicken Pork Adobo Quiche

Labels: , ,




A few weeks ago I read about adobo quiche as one of the dishes in a food taste marketing in Manila. I couldn't recall the website and therefore wasn't able to link it to this post. I love adobo and couldn't wait to try it. I made a crustless quiche with Swiss cheese and leftover chicken pork adobo. It was a huge disappointment. I didn't like it at all. I can't explain why because I love adobo with rice, in pandesal or sliced white bread, or even with fried potatoes. Maybe it's the quiche itself which is supposed to be light and has delicate flavors; maybe meats with strong flavors, Swiss cheese, and eggs don't agree with each other; or maybe it's just me and my quiche recipe.:( 

6 comments:

Mika said...

This is such an interesting dish! I love adobo and I love quiche. I will definitely try to make one sometime but I'll take your word about the swiss cheese and egg, maybe I'll try a different cheese then :)

maiylah said...

but that looks delicious!!!! too bad it wasn't to your liking...definitely need to experiment some more! :)

thanks so much for sharing this interesting quiche over at Food Friday, Ms. Oggi
enjoy the rest of the week!

Unknown said...

That is awesome. Your a genius.

Oggi said...

Mika, maybe adding just a little mild cheese and some spinach will improve its flavor.

Maiylah, yes I agree. It needs tweaking.

Joy, thanks. I have to adjust something to make it more to my taste though.

Jay-agent112778 said...

i love this with more cheese

heres my entry

Casa San Luis Pastries said...

Hi! We were so delighted to see this on google the other day while searching "adobo quiche". We guess you haven't tried ours during the Ultimate Taste Test in Rockwell.

We want to share with you our Adobo Quiche or Smoked Bangus Quiche. It is possible to combine our Filipino Fave dish in a French Savory Tart. We have a booth every weekend at the Rockwell PowerPlant Mall.

We have attached a photo of our booth during the food tasting event.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=153054451449049&set=a.153054364782391.40568.110786719009156&type=3

Casa San Luis Pastries Team

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com