October 11, 2009

Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day

Labels: ,

Chocolate Babka
chocolate babka that everybody will love

Good news! PETER REINHART'S ARTISAN BREADS EVERY DAY will be published October 27, 2009 and is now available to pre-order at amazon. If anybody is interested in attending one of his classes or events here is the link to his blog.

I love most of the recipes I tested for this book. Learning an easier and quicker method for making flavorful rustic breads (ciabatta, pizza, mini baguettes, focaccia) and being able to bake delicious flaky croissants on my first try are reasons enough for me to recommend it.

Here are a few photos of the breads I tested:

Chocolate Croissant
Croissants
my very first attempt at making croissants: 
super flaky crust, pillowy soft multi-layered delicious crumb

Cheese Buns With Chives
cheese bread with 2 variations: a soft one 
and a crusty [with levain] version, 
both are very yummy

6 comments:

Susie said...

Wow those breads are gorgeous. How wonderful that you were/are a tester.
That book comes out the day after our 36th anniversary. :) Maybe I will buy it as our gift. Probably hubby won't care for it until I start baking. :)
Great job,
Susie

Susie said...

I wonder why I always have to sign in and there is no email follow up check box until AFTER I do. LOL,
Susie

misterrios said...

Yum! Cheesebread and Babka are two of my favorite breads. I am very much looking forward to his book.

Oggi said...

Susie, thanks. 39 years, wow! Congratulations in advance. Yes, this would be a nice gift for you and your husband.:)
I checked my settings and they are okay. I set it to ANYONE and I can see the box for follow-up comments.

MisterRios, thanks. Me too, I already preordered it.:)

Susie said...

It's 36 years not 39. LOL.
This happens with all the blogs I try to comment to.
Have a good night,
Susie

Oggi said...

Susie, oops, sorry. I'm dyslexic, that's my excuse, heheh.
Hey, maybe you should play around with your comments settings and see if the problem will get fixed.

Because I have a wordpress blog this happened to me before when I wanted to comment in wordpress. I remedied that by staying logged out of my wordpress account.

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com