August 9, 2009

Lasang Pinoy, Sundays: Saba Con Hielo

Labels: , , , ,

Saba Con Hielo
saba in syrup + shaved ice = chillin' snack

During my two pregnancies in the perpetually hot and humid Philippines, I had saba bananas in syrup with shaved ice and milk almost every other day to cool me off. Not halo-halo which is too rich, just sweet saba, ice, and milk. I could have eaten just milk and sugar on shaved ice and I would probably have been happy anyway. Ripe saba banana, in my opinion, is the only kind of banana that pairs very well with shaved ice and milk.


Saba In Syrup
Saba Con Hielo
I added tiny tapioca pearls and used half-and-half for a creamier richer cold treat

Saba Con Hielo
yummy saba con hielo


is a weekly food photography meme, Pinoy style, hosted by SpiCes. Let's CHILL!


9 comments:

ces said...

this i have to make for the kids to try! the added tapioca and h/h makes it even more appealing!:)

Jay - agent112778 said...

wow, i never think of this one

my entry is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

Juliana said...

I never seen this dish...looks so yummie and refreshing, I will definitely try it!

Dhanggit said...

I was cravign for this the other day! so yummy!!

Jescel said...

oh, yum! i can only drool :o)

Mirage said...

saba is my fave banana! Un nga lang wala dito hehe. kakamiss!

oggi said...

Ces, the kids will surely like it.:)

Jay, when it's available all year round at a corner shop, one tends to ignore it.:)

Juliana and Dhanggit, it is yummy specially during the hot months.:)

Jescel and Gizelle, check out your Vietnamese groceries. They might have the frozen saba which is the same variety as our saba.:)

Anonymous said...

nka2miss tlga ang saba con yelo! kya lng wla d2 sa dubai..

Anonymous said...

I NEED the RECIPE!!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com