July 25, 2009

Lasang Pinoy, Sundays: Whip EAT! Mocha Chiffon Cupcakes

Labels: , , ,


whip egg whites to stiff peaks


fold into espresso coffee, grated chocolate, flour, egg yolks, sugar mixture

bake for 20 minutes, ice with espresso coffee chocolate buttercream frosting, decorate top with a [barako] coffee bean and voila: Mocha Chiffon Cupcakes

Mocha chiffon cake was (is?) a popular cake in the Philippines. Wheneve I went to birthday party, whether it's a child's or an adult's, the cake served was almost always the good old reliable mocha chiffon. I haven't had one in the last 20 years, that's why I baked these cupcakes for this week's Lasang Pinoy, Sundays: Whip EAT.

a weekly food photography meme, Pinoy style, is hosted by SpiCes.

10 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

Wow, they sound delicious and light. Great photos!
LL

raquel said...

awesome! they look so finger-lickin' good! :)

My Taste Heaven said...

Omg, your mocha chiffon cupcakes look so so yummy......hmm, i think i could smell it ........!

agent112778 said...

ohhh wow now im craving for that and coffee

my entry is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

Oggi said...

Lori Lynn, thanks; they are yummy.:)

Raquel, yup, I found myself licking the paper and my finger.:)

My Taste Heaven and Jay, coffee and cake, double the coffee treat, Mmmmm.:)

Mirage said...

Oggi...i can only say yum!

Salut sa yo!

Oggi said...

G, I am making another batch this weekend. Malambot and super sarap!:)

ces said...

i am coming back to make this! love and miss mocha chiffon cake or cupcakes:)

Anonymous said...

how can i get the recipe for this cupcake? t looks yummy =)

Oggi said...

Anonymous, I got the recipe online but didn't write it down. Sorry.:(

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com