June 1, 2009

BBAC: Brioche

Labels: ,

Brioche a tete
à tête

Brioche Nanterre
loaf (Nanterre)

BBA Challenge fourth recipe: Brioche. The book has three options: Rich Man's with 1 pound, yes, 1 pound of butter, Middle-Class with half a pound, and Poor Man's with a quarter pound. I chose the middle class because I've made the poor man's version several times already and although I am more than satisfied with the PM brioche which is perfect for making Croque Monsieur, I want a richer brioche with more butter but not THAT MUCH butter.

The middle-class is very rich and I can't imagine how the rich man's will turn out. I won't know because I have no intention of baking it soon; maybe after we are done with all the recipes I'll take a stab at it. I'm happy with the middle-class with its soft light-as-feather delicious crumb and flaky crust. It's a little bit richer than poor man's as expected but there's very little difference in flavor and texture. Brioche is one of the breads that I will never get tired of. It's easy to prepare and on the eyes, versatile, and did I mention very yummy?

Brioche Dough
proofing in 9-wave brioche (or tortilla) molds

After the first bite of this brioche you'll hear yourself nomnomnom-ing whether it's

Brioche Crumb
torn off by hand

Brioche Crumb
(I love the flaky crust)

Brioche
or neatly sliced

Rating:
flavor 5
texture 5
visual appeal 5
ease of preparation 5
performance 5
worth 5
Total: 30
Average: a perfect 5, yes we have a winner!^__^

10 comments:

Susie said...

So beautiful. Great job.
Susie

Pete Eatemall said...

Working on mine today! Looks lucious! So cute!

Mags @ the Other Side of 50 said...

You did a great job!

Cindy Feingold said...

love the torn brioche picture.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your brioche look amazing. The small brioche a tete are perfectly fluted and shaped. Bravo! I can't wait to make these this week.

ces said...

i love it flaky outside yet moist inside:) galing!:)

Marvin said...

Yikes, a pound of butter?!! I'm with you oggi, I would have gone poor man to middle class too. The brioche looks so tender.

Oggi said...

Thanks all.

Marvin, poor man's is perfect for grilled cheese sandwich or pudding.

Goldilocks Bakery said...

Love this bread especially the whole wheat

-Ava

Oggi said...

Ava, Peter has a whole wheat brioche version. I should try that soon.:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com