June 9, 2008

Soba So Good

Labels: , , , , ,


I have never eaten cold noodles before. It sounds so appealing now that we in the northeast are suffering from this most oppressive heat wave...and it's not even officially summer yet. I love that the cold buckwheat noodles topped with shredded nori is simply eaten with wasabi and preserved gingers then dipped in soba dipping sauce which comes in a bottle available at Asian groceries. I never thought the noodles would be so delicious and really satisfying. I cubed a box of silken tofu, topped them with snipped green onions and shaved dried bonitos with simple soy sauce for dipping. I love this light, healthy, yummy, and most specially easy to prepare dinner that's perfect for hot summer nights. The only cooking involved is boiling the noodles for 5 minutes.

Japanese buckwheat noodles

4 comments:

caninecologne said...

i agree, this is a refreshing and easy summer dish. i have a hankering for this dish but i need to buy the pickled ginger and all will be complete. again, your photos are quite lovely.

Oggi said...

Caninecologne, thanks.:)

Chibog in Chief said...

oh i love japanese food :-) i love cold soba specially during summer!! your photos reminded me of my tokyo student days!! :-)

Oggi said...

Dhanggit, I will serve cold soba regularly this summer.:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com