February 20, 2007

Easy As Macapuno Pie

Labels: , ,


With a little adjustment in my fat reduced pie crust recipe I was able to make a really easy, flaky, yummy macapuno pie using 2 jars of macapuno preserves. For this recipe the only brand that works is Kayumanggi. Other brands are too sweet and have buco instead of macapuno.

The easiest macapuno pie:
2 unbaked store bought or homemade pie crusts for 10-inch pie
2 jars Kayumanggi brand macapuno preserves
  • Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Roll 1 crust into a 12 inch round, ease onto the pie pan. Fill with macapuno. Roll the second pie crust and put on top of the macapuno. Pinch edges together. Brush with 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water. Bake for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hesitant to try this recipe as it was too easy. Against my better judgement, I tried it anyway. Alas, it was TOO SWEET! Next time, I'll rinse off the syrup the macapuno came with. To replace it, I will boil water with a little sugar and some corn starch as a thickening agent and throw in the macapuno just before filling the pie.

Oggi said...

Hi, sorry you find it too sweet.

It surprised me because the Kayumanggi brand I use is very very thick with real macapuno, no cornstarch added in the ingredients on the label, it looks almost homemade. It is not overly sweet unlike the other brands that have runny syrup and tons of sugar. I have a low tolerance for very sweet stuff and I find Kayumanggi has the right balance of sweetness.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the recipe.

daily commuter said...

i like kayumanggi too, i forgot the name of the other that i really dont want to buy again..

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com